Fourth of July fun around Kentuckiana | Events
We have compiled a list of events going on around Kentuckiana. We hope you have a safe and happy holiday!
July 3, from 7 p.m. until 10:30 p.m., celebrate our nation’s independence in Downtown Jeffersonville. The event will feature music, inflatables and games for the kids and a view of Louisville’s waterfront fireworks.
Special fireworks show at Louisville Slugger Field.
July 3, starting at 7:05, Louisville Slugger Field said they will have a huge fireworks show.
4th of July Fireworks Cruise
Jul 3, from 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.. both the Belle of Louisville and the Spirit of Jefferson will offer a cruise. A fireworks show will be featured on both nights. No buffet dinner is available on this cruise, but both the concession stand and bar will be open. (502) 574-2992.
July 4, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., artist and bird lover John James Audubon and his wife Lucy will be at Locust Grove. You are invited to meet and chat with Lucy Audubon from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. You can also practice your sketching in period style on the house's front porch. Celebrate our nation's Independence in the style of the early Republic. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the grounds of Locust Grove.
Waterfront Independence Festival 2012
July 3 and 4, beginning at 5 p.m., concerts will take place on the Great Lawn. On July 3 Thompson Square (band), The McClymonts and Ofe 2 the Gnu will perform. Performing on July 4 will be Mojoflo, Midnight Star and Jimmy Cliff. Kids can enjoy a science tent, inflatable obstacle course and bouncies. Fireworks are scheduled to begin at 10:15 p.m. both nights. Paid parking will be available at Slugger Field and free parking will be available on adjacent streets.
4th of July Bullitt Blast
July 4, starting at 3 p.m., you and your family are invited to come enjoy food, rides and activities for children, music, competitions and around 9:30 p.m. a fireworks display over the Salt River. The event will be located off Exit 117 at the Paroquet Springs Conference Centre.
Independence Day Celebration at Jefferson Memorial Forest
July 5 and July 06, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., you are invited to participate in activities such as climbing the Alpine Tower, archery, up-close animals, sack races, turtle races and lots more. To attend it is $10 a person or $25 for a family of up to four people.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Clark County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LMPD: Witness wrestles knife away from restaurant purse snatcher
- Some school districts wait, others close, ahead of expected storm
- Driver killed in crash on Clark Memorial Bridge identified
- Crime-fighting Louisville committee still hasn't met
- Officers arrest man after unsuccessful attempt to intimidate strangers to help him flee
- Floyd County State of Emergency lifted, travel permitted
- ISP: Lockdown over at IU Southeast, armed person carrying BB gun
- Gunman reported on IU Southeast campus, students urged to seek safe shelter
- NBC spotlight to shine on WAVE Country Santa
- William Clyde Gibson given death sentence by Floyd County judge