Groundbreaking for new bridge Thursday | News
JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) – We are just days away from the anticipated groundbreaking of the east end bridge project.
Next Thursday is when movement should start on the Indiana side of the bridge. The span will connect Utica, Indiana to Prospect, Kentucky. It should be built by 2017.
Governors from both states are expected to take part in the ceremony at the Port of Indiana in Jeffersonville.
The Ohio River bridges project also included building a new downtown span between Jeffersonville and Louisville.
Federal Highway officials have signed off on a plane that allows tolling on the new bridges and the Kennedy.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Clark County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kentucky Science Center announces Great Big Science To-Do: SENSEational
- Judge recused in Jason Osborne case, discussed suit publicly
- Derby Dinner Playhouse to premiere "You're Only Young Twice"
- Fourth Street Live! presents “District Rhythms” featuring Jody Watley
- Hats off to our Grads celebration held at Bellarmine