Community to mark six months of tornado recovery | News
HENRYVILLE, IN (WAVE) – A Henryville church damaged in the March 2 tornadoes will honor volunteers who stepped up after the deadly storms ravaged the area.
September 2 marks six months since the EF4 tornado destroyed much of the town in northern Clark County, Indiana. A total of 11 people were killed by the twister in the Indiana counties of Clark, Jefferson, Scott and Washington.
On Sunday, March2Recovery, the organization providing long-term recovery services to those affected by the tornadoes in southern Indiana, plans to commemorate the six month mark of the recovery with a moment of silence and bell ringing.
The organization will also build a new picnic area at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. The church, which itself suffered heavy damage, served as a relief center for the town in the days following the storm.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Clark County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NuLu Pop-Up Friday music series to kick off
- Stricter sunscreen label policies enforced by US food and drug administration
- The Fifth Third Bank #17 NASCAR Show Car Visiting Louisville
- Theatre  presents "Dead Man’s Cell Phone"
- Musical Line-Up and Restaurants Announced for the 21st Annual Taste of Frankfort Avenue