Groundbreaking on East End Bridge Thursday | News
JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) - Groundbreaking will actually happen on the East End Bridge project Thursday morning.
The span will connect Utica, Indiana to Prospect, Kentucky and should be complete by 2017.
Governors from both states are expected to take part in the ceremony at the Port of Indiana in Jeffersonville.
The Ohio River Bridges project also includes building a new downtown span between Jeffersonville and Louisville.
Federal highway officials have signed off on a plan that allows tolling on the new bridges and the existing Kennedy Bridge.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Clark County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000