Clark County takes over former state highways | News
JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) - The Indiana Department of Transportation has turned over several state roads to Clark County and that will result in name changes.
The biggest change that motorists may notice is the name change of State Highway 111. It will become Grantline Road from the Floyd County line north to State Road 60.
Changes will also affect four other state roads including:
- The portion of existing State Road 160 from U.S. 31 southeasterly to State Road 403 will be changed to Old State Road 160.
- The portion of existing State Road 203 from State Road 3 to State Road 362 will be changed to Old State Road 203.
- The portion of existing State Road 311 from the Floyd County Line northerly to U.S. 31 will be changed to Old State Road 311.
- The portion of existing State Road 403 from U.S. 31 to State Road 3 will be changed to Old State Road 403.
Ramona Bagshaw, the Clark County planning director, said that residents who live along the highways affected by the name changes will need to change their address to reflect the change. Those affected can contact their local post office for more information.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Clark County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000