Free mammogram for uninsured women | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Thorntons is teaming up with Norton Cancer Institute to provide low cost and even no cost mammogram screenings.
The mobile unit will be parked at various Thorntons throughout Kentuckiana the week of September 24.
For women without insurance this is a great opportunity to take advantage of this life saving exam.
"We get those patients and we navigate them, we just don't leave you" said Janel Willingham with Norton Healthcare. "If you don't have insurance we make sure you get with people we navigate you financially how to get through that. We have opportunities with sponsors like Thorntons to help those women get through such a horrible process in their life at the moment."
Screenings will take place aboard the Norton Cancer Institute Mobile Prevention Center through the Norton Healthcare Foundation from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on these dates:
Monday, September 24, 11700 South Dixie Highway
Tuesday, September 25, 4154 Bardstown Road
Thursday, September 27, 8405 National Turnpike
Friday, September 28, 10320 Westport Road
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Clark County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kentucky Science Center announces Great Big Science To-Do: SENSEational
- Judge recused in Jason Osborne case, discussed suit publicly
- Derby Dinner Playhouse to premiere "You're Only Young Twice"
- Fourth Street Live! presents “District Rhythms” featuring Jody Watley
- Hats off to our Grads celebration held at Bellarmine