Construction on distribution center complete | News
JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) -
Construction is now complete on the Amazon distribution center in southern Indiana.
Stocking will begin Wednesday
at the 28-acre facility in Jeffersonville in anticipation of the upcoming holiday season.
City officials are told
that the company is expected to begin shipping from the facility on October 17.
The distribution center is
expected to employ over 1,000 seasonal and part time workers.
Wednesday, Mayor Mike Moore
will address public concerns about increased amount of traffic in the area.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News.
All rights reserved.
Top Clark County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000