Man walks for friend battling cancer | News
JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) – An Indiana man is making his way to Indianapolis, but this trip will not take just two hours. It will take days because he is walking in honor of his friend, a newlywed and new father, who is battling cancer.
Dave Quear left from the James Graham Brown Cancer Center Wednesday morning. He is walking to raise money for Kevin McAdams who was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a rare form of bone marrow cancer, one year ago.
“Trying to raise as much money is possible for his medical bills,” said Quear. “(So he) can climb out of this hole focus more on the recovery rather that worry about the financial aspect of it.”
So far, Quear has raised $6,000. You can follow him or donate to his cause on Facebook. The journey is expected to end Sunday at Garfield Park in Indianapolis.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Clark County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Some school districts wait, others close, ahead of expected storm
- Driver killed in crash on Clark Memorial Bridge identified
- Crime-fighting Louisville committee still hasn't met
- Officers arrest man after unsuccessful attempt to intimidate strangers to help him flee
- Two suspects arrested in string of restaurant robberies
- Floyd County State of Emergency lifted, travel permitted
- ISP: Lockdown over at IU Southeast, armed person carrying BB gun
- Gunman reported on IU Southeast campus, students urged to seek safe shelter
- NBC spotlight to shine on WAVE Country Santa
- William Clyde Gibson given death sentence by Floyd County judge