Indiana Angel Tree registration begins November 5 | News
NEW ALBANY, IN (WAVE) – Angel Tree registration for southern Indiana residents begins in November.
Registration begins Monday, November 5 and runs until November 16. Registration will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday and Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m. Registration is closed on the weekends.
Residents in Floyd, Clark and Washington Counties register at the New Albany Salvation Army, 2300 Green Valley Road. Residents in Harrison and Crawford Counties register in Harrison County and residents in Scott County register in Scott County.
Officials with the Salvation Army said the following documents MUST be brought in order to register:
- A Valid ID from a government agency, school or employer.
- Proof of residence in Floyd, Clark, Washington, Harrison, Crawford or Scott County. A utility bill from no later than July 2012 and a current lease agreement will be accepted.
- Official proof of income. A recent pay stub or income tax statement will be needed. If you paid in cash, you must bring proof of that on an official company letterhead in English.
- If you receive financial assistance, you must show proof of KCHIP, LIHEAP, SSI, TANF, Section 8 and Food Stamps (whichever apply). Documents must have the amount and be no older than six months.
- Proof of your children's ages. You must bring one of the following, birth certificate, health insurance card, computer generated school document or immunization certificate. Children must have been born after January 1, 1999.
- Social Security cards MUST be provided for all members of the household.
Applicants are NOT allowed to bring their children to registration.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Clark County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000